On 31.5.2012 11:10, Martin Kosek wrote:
On Wed, 2012-05-30 at 18:01 +0200, Jan Cholasta wrote:
On 29.5.2012 16:59, Martin Kosek wrote:
On Tue, 2012-05-29 at 16:40 +0200, Jan Cholasta wrote:
On 29.5.2012 16:01, Martin Kosek wrote:
This option will make renaming DNS records much easier.
Add a unit test for this new functionality.

I wonder, how hard would it be to modify the patch to allow --rename on
all objects, as requested in<https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/ticket/2466>?

Honza

Not sure, but it would require a lot of testing. As you can see in a
case of dnsrecord object, it may need more changes than just adding
rdn_is_primary_key=True to LDAPObjects. I assume there is a reason why
we deferred this effort for now.

Martin

OK.

Regarding the patch:

1) When I do:

      $ ipa dnsrecord-mod example.com @ --rename test

it returns an error:

      ipa: ERROR: @: DNS resource record not found

and the zone "example.com" is renamed to "test".

2) The patch needs to be rebased.

Honza

Patch is rebased. I also fixed a case when user tries to rename DNS zone
root record (good catch btw.) and added a test case for that.

Martin

ACK.

Honza

--