I frequently see this idiom in the code in plugins and pre/post callbacks:

keys[-1]

My understanding is that keys in the positional parameter list of the command, correct?

keys always appears in a formal parameter list with the parameter "options", which I believe are the keyword arguments of the command (i.e. *args, **kwds)

Thus keys[-1] would be the last positional parameter. What is special about it such that one can always reference the last positional parameter? (or have I misunderstood, if so please elucidate).

If keys is the positional parameter list (e.g. *args) why is is called "keys"? That seems really confusing because keys usually has an entirely different meaning (i.e. keys of a dict). Why isn't it named "args"?

--
John Dennis <jden...@redhat.com>

Looking to carve out IT costs?
www.redhat.com/carveoutcosts/