I have recently been having problems on RHEL so I thought I would try installing a Fedora 17 installation to test this but appear to be running into further problems.

Everything appears to go well with the installation until it stops on the following line: -

  Applying LDAP updates

The last two lines in the log are: -

  2012-06-11T15:33:05Z DEBUG cn: Write IPA Configuration
  2012-06-11T15:33:05Z DEBUG description: Write IPA Configuration

I have seen reported that there was a problem in the F17 Beta release where a downgrade of '389-ds-base' would address this but this does not seem to be an option now.

Does anyone know the underlying cause of the hang? Maybe there is something I can do to address this.

Regards,
Darran Lofthouse.