On 06/20/2012 04:17 PM, Rob Crittenden wrote:
Petr Viktorin wrote:
On 06/18/2012 10:43 PM, Rob Crittenden wrote:
Add some additional logging to ipa-upgradeconfig and have it update
/var/log/ipaupgrade.log so we can see what an upgrade has already done.

rob

I don't think the indentation works too well:

2012-06-19T12:52:47Z INFO Verifying that root certificate is published
2012-06-19T12:52:47Z DEBUG Certificate file exists
2012-06-19T12:52:47Z INFO Verifying that CA proxy configuration is
correct
2012-06-19T12:52:47Z DEBUG No CA detected in /etc/pki-ca
2012-06-19T12:52:47Z INFO Verifying that KDC configuration is using
ipa-kdb backend
2012-06-19T12:52:47Z DEBUG dbmodules already updated in /etc/krb5.conf

It would be nice to add a message right after logging setup saying that
ipa-upgradeconfig is being run.

The --debug flag only affects console output, standard_logging_setup
always sets the file handler to debug level. There's no need for the
flag with >/dev/null.

Otherwise the patch works great.

I had put the indentation so that when executed in a shell you can tell
what the heck is going on :-) I'm open to suggestion but I found it hard
to read when it was all left-justified.

I guess it works now, but we'll need a better approach. If a subsystem logs anything between the indented messages, it will be very confusing.

ipa-client-install uses ini-style sections in debug output, which isn't ideal either but could work here:

[Verify root cert]
Verifying that root certificate is published
Certificate file exists
[Verify CA proxy]
Verifying that CA proxy configuration is correct
No CA detected in /etc/pki-ca
[Verify ipa-kdb backend]
Verifying that KDC configuration is using ipa-kdb backend
dbmodules already updated in /etc/krb5.conf

Having the logger indent all messages properly would be a nicer solution but that would be a rather giant change.

I'll remove the unnecessary --debug flag.

rob

The indentation is a tiny issue and shouldn't hold the patch back, so ACK if you don't want to chase this further.

--
PetrĀ³