On 7/9/2012 10:21 AM, Petr Vobornik wrote:
Note: I think we should improve handling of measurement units in server
plugins. Label and measurement unit should be separated and send in
metadata. Client - Web UI or CLI would then decide when and where to
display the units. I will create an enhancement ticket for it.

Patch description:

When filling password policy it may be unclear what value to enter
because user may not remember field's measurement unit.

This patch adds support for declaring measurement units. It's done in
field's/widget's spec by entering key for unit's string (which is in
IPA.messages.measurement_units[key]).

Measurement units in table layout are displayed in parenthesis after
label. It is to be consistent with some fields which have measurement
unit integrated in label.

This patch defines measurement units for password policy's 'History
size', 'Failure reset interval' and 'Lockout duration' fields.

ACK.

The <td> elements of the label and the input field have tooltip which will show the field label. I'm not sure if it's necessary to show the unit in the tooltip too. Some parameters have a doc attribute, maybe we should show the doc in the tooltip instead?

--
Endi S. Dewata