Petr Viktorin wrote:
minimum_connections was sometimes not updated properly on install
because the script set psearch on but assumed it was still off.
Also, the number of connections was not set if the directive was missing.

Fix of the patch for https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/ticket/2554

Your changes look good but I found perhaps another bug. I think Petr Spacek may need to chime in on this part.

If you start out with serial_autoincrement yes and psearch undefined and connections undefined the result is:

connections 2

There is a comment in the code that connections needs to be 4 for autoincrement. I believe psearch needs to be enabled for autoincrement. I'm not sure how much sanity checking we want to do, mostly I'm curious if things will blow up with connections 2 and no psearch and autoincrement.