On 7/19/2012 8:07 AM, Petr Vobornik wrote:
It's hard to detect if or which type of dialog is displayed because not
all dialogs have IDs.

On dialog open, it's id or name (if id is not set) is used for
containing element id. Many of dialog types were missing id or name so
name was added to each dialog type.

In HTML, element's id should be unique. Our framework allows opening two
dialogs with the same id. It may lead to state where getElementById
method may have unpredictable behavior. Therefore attribute 'data-name'
with dialog's name was added to dialog's containing element. Automation
framework can search more reliable by using this attribute instead of id.

ACK.

If possible we should replace all element ID's with paths. So the element name itself is not unique, but the element can still be uniquely identified by following a path from the top to the element itself. The path could be a combination of element type, class, or name, for example:

   div[name=container] .entity[name=user] .facet[name=search]

The automation tool should use the path instead of ID.

--
Endi S. Dewata