On 08/21/2012 09:00 AM, Sumit Bose wrote:
On Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 04:53:50PM -0500, Endi Sukma Dewata wrote:
On 8/20/2012 10:49 AM, Petr Vobornik wrote:
Updated patch attached.
Preview can be seen at:
http://pvoborni.fedorapeople.org/ranges/#ipaserver=range&navigation=ipaserver&range-facet=search

ACK.

Pushed to master.

I agree, all options should be display and depending on the Range type
either Secondary RID base or Domain SID should be greyed out.

Implemented this way with minor modification, see preview mentioned
above. Also used in details page to be consistent.

Possible improvement, in the details page the fields that are not
relevant to the range type could be hidden because they will be
empty and not editable anyway. For instance, it's not necessary to
show the Domain SID field for local domain range.

Yeah. Such change could be good for other parts of the UI too, ie in groups a posix field. Will be done separately.

3. As shown in #1, it might be better to call it "ID Ranges" as in
the CLI. "Ranges" by itself doesn't sound very meaningful.

I can hard-code it in Web UI but I think it would be wrong. IMO it
should be change in ranges.py:

     label = _('Ranges')
     label_singular = _('Range')

Yeah. How about renaming the CLI command from range-* to idrange-*?

I have opened https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/ticket/3010 so that it
can be discussed during the IPA call. I'm fine with the change, but I
would like to hear if there are concerns changing the name.

bye,
Sumit

--
Endi S. Dewata