On 8/27/2012 5:57 AM, Petr Vobornik wrote:
User was not notified about success of actions executed from action
list, action panel or facet control bar.
This patch adds IPA.notify_success(message) call. It creates a yellow
notification area with supplied message in Web UI header in the middle
of the green area (empty space of first level navigation).
This area is displayed for 3s and then it fades out (800ms). It also
fades out when it is clicked.
This call is used(directly or indirectly) in:
* search facets: delete, disable, enable actions
* details facets: delete action
* user details facet: reset password action
* host details facet: unprovision, set OTP actions
* service details facet: unprovision action
* host and service details facet: request, revoke, restore
* group details facet: change to POSIX/external actions
* dns zone details facet: add/remove permission actions
What do you think about creating a console/log page to show the action
history? This way if the user misses the notification he still can check
the logs. The logs will be stored in memory only and have size limit.
The page can also be used to show the CLI commands of those actions.
Endi S. Dewata
Freeipa-devel mailing list