On 08/29/2012 10:35 AM, Rich Megginson wrote:
On 08/29/2012 07:34 AM, John Dennis wrote:
On 08/28/2012 02:31 PM, Endi Sukma Dewata wrote:

We can also use Simple Paged Results, but if I understood correctly it
requires the httpd to maintain an open connection to the LDAP server for
each user and for each page.

Not for each user.  In 389-ds-base-1.2.11 you can have multiple simple
paged result searches on a single connection - see
https://fedorahosted.org/389/ticket/260

Well this is the crux of the problem. We do not maintain a connection per user. LDAP connections exist for the duration of a single IPA RPC call. Those RPC calls may be multiplexed across multiple IPA server instances, each of which is it's own process.

Our LDAP connections are very short lived and are scattered across processes.

This is the problem that VLV and Simple Paged Results are trying to
solve - how to allow users to scroll/page through very large result sets.

--
John Dennis <jden...@redhat.com>

Looking to carve out IT costs?
www.redhat.com/carveoutcosts/