Sumit Bose wrote:
Hi,

those two patches should fix
https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/ticket/2515 . The first makes the
needed change for fresh installations. The second adds the changes
during ipa-adtrust-install if needed. I prefer to do the changes here
instead of during updates, because during updates it is not easy to see
that the Kerberos configuration was changes.

I guess it is good form to update the RHEL 4 client installer but will anyone test it?

Is master_kdc supported in the MIT kfw version (krb5.ini)?

This suffers from the problem Simo envisioned with ticket 931. If the /etc/hosts entry is removed then DNS will not start. We add an entry during installation, so this may be less of an issue.