Martin Kosek wrote:
On 09/14/2012 04:53 PM, Petr Viktorin wrote:
On 09/14/2012 04:12 PM, Petr Viktorin wrote:
On 09/14/2012 03:12 PM, Simo Sorce wrote:
On Fri, 2012-09-14 at 14:53 +0200, Petr Viktorin wrote:
This fixes a 2.2→3.0 upgrade bug found while testing the Dogtag 10 work.
See commit or ticket for details.

https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/ticket/3083



I also suspect that waiting for ports is not a good way to check if the
CMS is fully initialized, but I don't know of a better way. If you know
one, please speak up.


Such a better way is coming with https://fedorahosted.org/pki/ticket/314. I
opened https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/ticket/3084 so we won't forget to take
advantage of it.

Won;t we get back to square zero when the work to merge DS and CS
instances into one will be completed ?

Simo.


When they're merged we'll probably need to bring down the CA while
upgrading the server. Or just stop all the IPA services to be on the
safe side, and of course bring them back up afterwards.
Meanwhile, this patch shouldn't hurt things.

The patch worked fine for me. It will be useful at least to the point when we
use a common DS instance, as Simo suggested.

Useful for now, pushed to master and ipa-3-0.

rob

_______________________________________________
Freeipa-devel mailing list
Freeipa-devel@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/freeipa-devel

Reply via email to