On Mon, 24 Sep 2012, Petr Viktorin wrote:
On Mon, 24 Sep 2012, Alexander Bokovoy wrote:
On Mon, 24 Sep 2012, Petr Viktorin wrote:

small patch, to make sure external members are listed when 'ipa
group-show' is called.

This looks good, but it could use some tests.
For external membership being printed?
The reason I'm asking is because we have a test for incorrect external
member in tests/test_xmlrpc/test_group_plugin.py but we don't have any
positive tests for the reason that the code actually verifies SIDs as
belonging to configured trusted domains. And without trusted domain you
can't pass verification, can't see any external member added.

Yes, I didn't realize external members aren't easy to add from a
normal testing environment.

And adding trusted domain is done via complex RPC communication which
results in ipasam Samba's passdb module creating specific LDAP entries
although we could have faked it with injection of those entries into
a database for test purposes,

That would be nice to have, though I'm not sure this is the right time
to do it. Perhaps file a ticket to remind us later?
Yes, please file something to the backlog. It will help when we'll get
to IPA-IPA trusts.

PetrĀ³