Simo Sorce wrote:
On Wed, 2012-10-10 at 17:57 +0200, Andreas Schneider wrote:
On Wednesday 10 October 2012 15:40:17 Alexander Bokovoy wrote:
On Wed, 10 Oct 2012, Sumit Bose wrote:
On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 12:04:06PM +0300, Alexander Bokovoy wrote:
On Wed, 10 Oct 2012, Alexander Bokovoy wrote:
On Wed, 10 Oct 2012, Alexander Bokovoy wrote:
Hi,

Since use of winbind on FreeIPA server that is configured with trusts
is
conflicting with krb5 locator based on winbind, make sure there is
conflict that will force removing samba{,4}-winbind-krb5-locator
package
when -server-trust-ad subpackage is installed.

Please note that since feature-wise the two packages would be
conflicting in use, one has to play tricks with rpm to enforce
automatic removal of the samba{,4}-winbind-krb5-locator with Obsoletes:
in addtion to Conflicts: tag. This allows to ensure the two packages
never installed together:

Conflicts: tag would prevent installing samba{,4}-winbind-krb5-locator
after freeipa-server-trust-ad subpackage is installed.

Obsoletes: tag would force removal of samba{,4}-winbind-krb5-locator
during the install of freeipa-server-trust-ad.

Unfortunately, the side-effect of the Obsoletes: tag is that
freeipa-server-trust-ad would always be selected from the repository
whenever one wants to install samba{,4}-winbind-krb5-locator, so this
approach does not work.

We can keep pure Conflicts: tags because they would prevent co-install
of the packages. They alone would not be able to provide way to solve
conflicts.

I'm working on a bit more complex variant with alternatives.

New patch attached. I verified that it works but in order to make it
useful, samba{,4} package needs to be updated to include alternatives
for winbind_krb5_locator.so plugin. Working on that now.

--
/ Alexander Bokovoy

it works for me as well, so ACK. But I think we should add some minimal
version to 'Requires: samba4' as well to make sure that it will work with
the installed samba version. Shall we add this with a second patch later
when the packages are available or hold the whole patch?

Since alternatives do not change the target if it is not a symlink, we
can safely make a second patch once Andreas makes new packages
available.

Packages with the patch are build and available at:

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/samba-4.0.0-153.fc18.rc2

RHEL6 packages are building and will be available in a few hours.

Tested with all packages in place and after an upgrade from 2.2.0 to 3.0

ACK all around.

Simo.

Pushed Alexander's patch to master and ipa-3-0