On Tue, 16 Oct 2012, Simo Sorce wrote:
Also improve shutdown reliability and restart behavior so we always kill
all the processes we started even if the list of processes to handle
changed in LDAP.

Fixes: https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/ticket/2302
Works for me on freshly installed F18.

Since I've got no signs of solution coming out of systemd maintainer,
I'm inclined to ACK this patch.

For uninitiated, the problem with systemd is that we attempt to start
dirsrv services at the time when everything is going for shutdown.
systemctl uses D-Bus for communication with systemd and at the time when
we send start command for dirsrv services, there is no D-Bus daemon
already so systemctl sits forever, waiting for any message on the bus.

Avoiding restarting dirsrv services avoids coming into infinite loop
territory, thus ACK.

Security-wise, the dumped list of services is in the directory (0700,
root, root) permissions so nobody can modify it but root. Root already
has possibility to shutdown whatever services are there. I think we are
OK here -- but whoever packages the change, would need to be careful and
copy accompanying spec-file changes.

--
/ Alexander Bokovoy