On Wed, 17 Oct 2012, Petr Viktorin wrote:
On Wed, 17 Oct 2012, Sumit Bose wrote:
On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 12:59:53PM +0300, Alexander Bokovoy wrote:
On Wed, 10 Oct 2012, Sumit Bose wrote:
On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 10:51:11AM +0300, Alexander Bokovoy wrote:

Warn about manual DNA plugin configuration when working with local
ID ranges
since we currently do not support automatic pick up of the changed
settings for local ID ranges by the DNA plugin.

/ Alexander Bokovoy

""")

I wonder if we should add a sentence like "See section 'Managing Unique
UID and GID Number Assignments' in the FreeIPA Documentation for
details' to point the admin to the right directory? Or replace the last
sentence with something more explicit like 'The dnaNextRange attribute
of 'cn=Posix IDs,cn=Distributed Numeric Assignment
Plugin,cn=plugins,cn=config' has to be modified to match the new
range'?
Updated the patch, also adding the same warning to the 'idrange-add'
help.

--
/ Alexander Bokovoy

ACK.

If there is an easy way to avoid the duplication it would be nice if you
can modify the patch accordingly.
Docstring is a string literal only:
   >>> s="""text
   ... first
   ... second"""
   >>> def f():
   ...   """another text
   ...      first
   ...      second"""+s
   ...   return
   ...    >>> print f.__doc__
   None
   >>> def y():
   ...   """Doctstring for y()"""
   ...   return
   >>> print y.__doc__
   Doctstring for y()

Though we could play the game and do explicit     f.__doc__ = s
this would work but...

Any preference from others?.

In the code you changed, we already play that game.
No, we don't. We do explicit string literals wrapped into Gettext()
calls but it does not change the fact that they are still literals and
xgettext does not support arbitrary expressions in Python code.

I tried two different approaches:
1. a = _("""one text""")
  __doc__ = _("""another text""") + a

2. a = """one text"""
  __doc__ = _("""another text""" + a)

Both don't work. First is because Gettext() class does not support
concatenation. Second one is because xgettext does not work with such
form and only takes """another text""".

--
/ Alexander Bokovoy