Simo Sorce wrote:
On Fri, 2012-10-19 at 13:47 -0400, Rob Crittenden wrote:
Simo Sorce wrote:
On Thu, 2012-10-18 at 11:51 -0400, Rob Crittenden wrote:
Simo Sorce wrote:
On Thu, 2012-10-18 at 11:37 -0400, Rob Crittenden wrote:
Simo Sorce wrote:
Also improve shutdown reliability and restart behavior so we always kill
all the processes we started even if the list of processes to handle
changed in LDAP.

Fixes: https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/ticket/2302

Should this list be updated if we do a post-install of DNS or the CA? It
isn't now which would leave some services running.

Yes we probably should,
but I think it should be done as a separate ticket.

Simo.

What's the impact if we don't do this now?

some services will not be turned off by ipactl, however this shouldn't
impact much at shutdown, as systemd will shutdown left over stuff as it
keeps track of all processes.

uhmm however if someone does a ipactl restart those services will not be
restarted the first time it is run (we will tell systemd to start them
but it will do likely nothing as they are already started), after that
they will be handled as they fact they are enabled will be stored in the
file.

Well, what is the downside of a call to refresh the list of running
services that should be run at the end of setting up new services?

Otherwise we could find outselves with a bunch of unreproducible cases
where things weren't start/stopped properly.

Yeah I have been thinking about that.
I am thinking of changing the patch so that it's the service class
itself that saves this data.

That way saving is always performed no matter 'what' starts the service.
Do you agree ?

Yes, that sounds like it'll be very robust.