Martin Kosek wrote:
On 10/24/2012 08:25 PM, Rob Crittenden wrote:
Martin Kosek wrote:
Requires(pre) only guarantees that package will be present before
package scriptlets are run. However, the package can be removed
after installation is finished without removing also IPA. Add
standard Requires for these dependencies.

Remove PRE version number from VERSION. This update and following
is done on a top of IPA 3.0.0 GA.

IIRC we used pre because older versions of 389-ds-base (RHEL-5 and older
Fedora) provided its own SELinux policy and we needed this to be available
before our own policy was installed.

I have hte feeling that pre can be removed altogether.

Good to know - I removed the pre Requires for 389-ds-base.

While you're updating the VERSION you may as well change the whole value to
3.0.99 or something unique.

rob

Ok. Since master branch will be IPA 3.1 in future, and ipa-3-0 branch will be
IPA 3.0.1 I created a patch for each branch separately to update the VERSION
respectively (I chose IPA 3.0.1-pre1 for 3.0.1).

Martin

ACK, pushed both.