Simo Sorce wrote:
From: Simo Sorce <sso...@redhat.com>

This is done as a default action of the ancestor class so that no matter what
platform is currently used this code is always the same and the name is the
wellknown service name.
This information will be used by ipacl to stop only and all the services that
have been started by any ipa tool/install script

I think in the start method I'd rather test to see if the file exists before trying to open it and do something (logging, return error, something) if an exception is hit.

This will help us out of there are permission, disk space or other problems writing this file.

Similarly I wonder if there should be a try/except around updating the file.

Maybe not a big deal but this patch isn't testable by itself because patch 3 contains the spec addition of /var/run/ipa.