On 10/30/2012 02:34 PM, Simo Sorce wrote:
On Mon, 2012-10-29 at 10:27 +0100, Petr Vobornik wrote:

I would like to make a bigger change in Web UI. Basically I think Web
UI
would benefit from using a Dojo toolkit, a JS framework. I would like
know if I can proceed with incorporating it. I think this is the best
time (end of 3.0/3.1 and a beginning of 3.2) to do such change.

I do not know much about js stuff, but one of the things we tried to do
with our framework was to make pages bookmark-able, will dojo preserve
this feature ?

Simo.

Yes, Dojo has this feature.

We can either keep the use of jquery.bbq plugin or when we decide to improve the navigation, to address the issue I wrote about, we can use Dojo hash [1] and router [2] component.

The question is whether we have to keep the same url format between versions.

[1] https://dojotoolkit.org/reference-guide/1.8/dojo/hash.html#dojo-hash
[2] https://dojotoolkit.org/reference-guide/1.8/dojo/router.html#dojo-router

--
Petr Vobornik