On Wed, 2012-11-14 at 17:36 -0500, Rob Crittenden wrote:
> There is currently no way to search for a certificate. You can only look
> it up if you already know the serial number.
>
> Dogtag 10 has a fresh API which makes searching very easy. I've started
> designing a search interface here: http://freeipa.org/page/Cert_find
>
> Comments welcome.

CAn you move it under V3/ that's where we agreed to put new designs for
the v3 series

> I was able to create a proof-of-concept (minus date options) using this
> API in about 90 minutes.

Great!

Question, how is authentication done ?
Or is this all public information that can be freely obtained
anonymously ?
Or will we provide access control in the IPA API and let the dogtag REST
interface be available only on localhost ?

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce * Red Hat, Inc * New York