On 11/15/2012 09:53 PM, Rob Crittenden wrote:
This patch enables transaction support in 389-ds-base and fixes a few transaction issues within IPA.

This converts parts of the password and modrnd plugins to support transactions. The password plugin still largely runs as non-transactional because extop plugins aren't supported in transactions yet.

I've left the wait_for_attr code in place for now but on reflection we should probably remove it. I'll leave that up to the reviewer, but I can't see the need for it any more.

In order for this to work you'll need to apply the last two patches (both 0001) to slapi-nis and spin it up yourself, otherwise you'll have serious deadlock issues. I know this is extra work but this patch is potentially disruptive so I figure the earlier it is out the better.

Noriko/Rich/Nalin, can you guys review the slapi-nis pieces? I may have been too aggressive in my cleanup.

Noriko/Rich, can you review the 389-ds plugin parts of my 1072 patch?
ack

Once we have an official slapi-nis build with these patches we'll need to set the minimum n-v-r in our spec file.