On 12/10/2012 09:00 AM, John Dennis wrote:
On 12/10/2012 07:30 AM, Petr Viktorin wrote:
Just two issues:

When testing with lite-server listening on localhost, every request
outputs "ipa: ERROR: not sending session cookie, URL mismatch". Is the
message necessary?

Rob asked for this to be changed from a debug message to an error which
made sense, in theory we should never get into the situation, if we do
something is terribly wrong. However neither of us thought about the
lite-server case. There are two possible ways to address this.

1) test for the lite server context and don't emit the message. We test
for lite server elsewhere and treat things differently. But I'm not a
big fan of this approach, it's a way for mistakes to creep in because
we're not exercising the same code paths during testing as we do during
production.

2) Make the domain in the cookie match the domain of the lite-server.
Currently we read the domain from api.env.host (technically it's the URL
host). Perhaps there should be a utility to return the URL host
component for those places that need it which detects which mode the
server is running in. I'll take a quick look and see if that makes sense.

Much simpler solution, using api.env.host was the wrong source of the server domain, it should have been the host value in api.env.xmlrpc_uri instead. Changing it to reference xmlrpc_uri fixes the problem without any other changes and is the value we should have been using.

Patch will follow shortly after some more testing.

--
John Dennis <jden...@redhat.com>

Looking to carve out IT costs?
www.redhat.com/carveoutcosts/