Martin Kosek wrote:
On 12/10/2012 05:32 PM, Lynn Root wrote:
On 12/10/2012 05:01 PM, Martin Kosek wrote:
On 12/10/2012 03:53 PM, Lynn Root wrote:
Raise ACI error when CSR does not have a subject hostname.

Ticket:https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/ticket/3123

Why an ACIError? I know there are are a lot of ACIErrors thrown in cert-request
command processing, but they are all related to authorization of the request.
In this case, this is rather a missing required field of the CSR, so
ValidationError may be a better choice.

Martin

I elected ACIError simply because the immediately following ACIError raises the
issue that hostname of principal doesn't match the subject hostname of the CSR
- seemed a similar case of "doesn't match" with "doesn't exists." But right -
it's not related to Auth.

Would ValidationError be appropriate, or would RequirementError or NotFound be
more so?

The following raises ACIError because of failed authorization check, I think
its ok.

RequirementError is only thrown when a command option that is required is not
passed by the user. I am not fond of expanding its use to the validation of
user content, like CSR file.

NotFound error is used when an _entry_ is not found - so not an ideal candidate
either for this case.

IMHO, ValidationError is fine for this situation - but maybe somebody else may
have other opinion...

I think I raised an ACIError when the hostname doesn't match the principal because that could be more than an oops and more of an attempt to get a cert for a hostname you shouldn't.

I agree that ValidationError is the way to go.