On 1/17/2013 8:01 PM, Petr Vobornik wrote:
On 01/17/2013 04:24 AM, Endi Sukma Dewata wrote:
Nice work! They seem to be working fine so it's ACKed.

I found a little error - there is a jsl problem in dojo.profile:86 -
comma at the end of a list. Updated patch 243 attached.

ACK.

I have some questions though:

1. Patch #241 includes another patch
(001-dojo-build-pvoborni-01-Make-dojo-builder-buildable-by-itself.patch).
Is
there an instruction how and where to use the patch?

The patch is automatically applied by dojo-prep.js (with --all option)
when one wants to build the builder. We might consider to send this
patch to dojo upstream (requires CLA).

The use case is described here:
http://www.freeipa.org/page/V3/WebUI_build#Make_new_Builder_build

OK, got it.

2. Is there a way to disable uglify in case we need to debug with
Firebug?

Currently no. I found myself that I have needed it only when I was
trying to figure out what is the output of the builder or some build
debugging (what modules are actually used).

What's your use case with Firebug? If I want to debug, I would use plain
source codes and send it to the test server [1] or I would use the local
file modes [2]. The output of the builder is quite ugly to debug.

If it's really useful we might add some option to make-ui.sh, should be
easy.

[1]
http://www.freeipa.org/page/V3/WebUI_build#Copy_source_codes_of_FreeIPA_layer_on_test_server

[2]
http://www.freeipa.org/page/V3/WebUI_build#Set_environment_to_debug_source_codes_of_FreeIPA_layer_using_offline_version

I guess what I'm looking for is a way to troubleshoot using Firebug at a customer's environment who's using the compiled code on a live server. I suppose we can ask the customer to install the source code, then run sync.sh to install the sources. But is there a way to clean up the machine and switch back to the compiled code after we're done troubleshooting? The sync.sh --compiled or --clean doesn't seem to do it.

3. Is it possible to set breakpoints in AMD modules in Firebug, for
example line 44 in widget.js?

Yes.

OK, after doing sync.sh --freeipa I was able to see the sources in Firebug and set breakpoints. We might want to include this in a troubleshooting guide (if it's not already there).

4. Calling change-profile.sh allsource modifies the install/ui/js/dojo.
Should they be included in .gitignore? Or is there a way to select the
profile without modifying any files included in git (e.g. using
parameter)? The concern is that the changes could accidentally get
checked in and affect the official build.

change-profile.sh has option --git-ignore which marks those symbolic
links with  'git update-index --assume-unchanged ' which should prevent
this issue. Option --git-undo removes this mark.

It might be little uncomfortable, but I didn't find better method.
Possible option is to remove those links from git repository and add
them to .gitignore, but by using it the 'offline version' wouldn't be
functional out of the box (checkout).

Are the links used by the offline version only, or would it also affect live server deployed from the RPM that includes modified links?

--
Endi S. Dewata