On 01/16/2013 10:45 AM, Jan Cholasta wrote:
Hi,

this patch adds initial support for custom LDAP entry objects, as
described in <http://freeipa.org/page/V3/LDAP_code>.

Just in case you missed it, I added some requirements to the above design page about making LDAP attributes and their values be "smarter".

An LDAP attribute has a syntax defining how comparisons are to be performed. Python code using standard Python operators, sorting functions, etc. should "just work" because underneath the object is aware of it's LDAP syntax.

The same holds true for attribute names, it should "just work" correctly any place we touch an attribute name because it's an object implementing the desired comparison and hashing behavior.

Thus the keys in an Entry dict would need to be a new class and the values would need to be a new class as well. Simple strings do not give rich enough semantic behavior (we shouldn't be providing this semantic behavior every place in the code where we touch an attribute name or value, rather it should just automatically work using standard Python operators.

--
John Dennis <jden...@redhat.com>

Looking to carve out IT costs?
www.redhat.com/carveoutcosts/