On Wed, 2013-01-23 at 14:00 +0100, Tomas Babej wrote:
> On 01/22/2013 07:39 PM, Dmitri Pal wrote:

> >> I am not sure I understand what is the point of giving this option to
> >> callers. A) How does an API user know when to use one or the other
> >> option. B) What good does it make to have the same date return different
> >> results based on a flag ?
> >>
> >> What will happen later on when MIT will 'fix' the 2038 limit by changing
> >> the meaning of negative timestamps ? Keep in mind that right now
> >> negative timestamps are not really valid in the MIT code.
> >>
> >> Unless there is a 'use' for getting negative timestamps I think it is
> >> only harmful to allow it and consumers would only be confused on whether
> >> it should be used or not.
> >>
> >> So my first impression is that you are a bit overthinking here and we
> >> should instead always force the same behavior for all callers and always
> >> check and enforce endoftime dates.
> >>
> >> Simo.
> >>
> > +1
> Ok, the patch does not distinguish between 'past' and 'future'
> timestamps anymore.
>
> Please respond if you see any issues.

I am sorry I haven't replied yet. I meant to test the patch this time
before ACKing given how fiddly this time issue seem to be but haven't
had found the time so far.

Just want to say I do not see any problem in the last incarnation of the
patch, so if someone beats me to testing you have my blessing for an
ACK.

Simo Sorce * Red Hat, Inc * New York