On 01/30/2013 07:04 AM, Petr Viktorin wrote:
Hello,

I've noticed that the client installer uses python-ldap directly, and
duplicates some code we already have.

Most recently, a convert_ldap_error function appeared in ipautil.
Similar mechanisms are already in ipaldap, ipa-csreplica-manage,
ipa-replica-manage, and my patches remove one in ldap2.

see ticket https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/ticket/3296

It discusses the convert_ldap_error function(s), their duplication and it's move to ipautil.

Are there any objections to moving ipaldap.py to ipalib?

That would make it common code shared between all components which makes sense to me.

--
John Dennis <jden...@redhat.com>

Looking to carve out IT costs?
www.redhat.com/carveoutcosts/