On 01/31/2013 12:05 PM, Tomas Babej wrote:
> On 01/31/2013 12:03 PM, Tomas Babej wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> This was a regression due to change from DatabaseError to NetworkError
>> when LDAP server is down.
>>
>> https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/ticket/2939
>>
>> Tomas

> Clicking send too soon, patch attached :)
>
> Tomas

I don't think that removing errors.DatabaseError is necessary. By the way,
would this error (and many similar errors) be solved by a server tool
refactoring that Petr Viktorin is working on? IIRC, he was about to wrap
ipa-replica-prepare in a similar framework like ipa-ldap-updater.

With a framework like this one, we would not have to specify separate
try..catch lists in all our server manipulation tools.