On 01/31/2013 01:35 PM, Martin Kosek wrote:
On 01/31/2013 12:05 PM, Tomas Babej wrote:
On 01/31/2013 12:03 PM, Tomas Babej wrote:
Hi,

This was a regression due to change from DatabaseError to NetworkError
when LDAP server is down.

I don't think that removing errors.DatabaseError is necessary. By the way,
would this error (and many similar errors) be solved by a server tool
refactoring that Petr Viktorin is working on? IIRC, he was about to wrap
ipa-replica-prepare in a similar framework like ipa-ldap-updater.

With a framework like this one, we would not have to specify separate
try..catch lists in all our server manipulation tools.

That patch is on the list. And yes, the framework tries to handle errors sanely, so this `sys.exit("\n"+e.error)` nonsense is not necessary there.

--
PetrĀ³