John Dennis wrote:
On 02/13/2013 01:30 PM, Rob Crittenden wrote:
Simo Sorce wrote:
On Wed, 2013-02-13 at 12:59 -0500, John Dennis wrote:
On 02/13/2013 12:53 PM, Simo Sorce wrote:

If we can solve the looping and potential deadlocking concerns I think
we can avoid the json reply and let the framework do the actual final
ldap add.

Could you elaborate on your looping and deadlock concerns? I don't see
where they would arise if what we're watching is entirely
independent of
our LDAP tree.

I do not understand what you are 'watching' ?

Simo.

I think he means have a persistent search to watch for new entries and
then act upon them.

Yes, it could either be a persistent search or an external (cron)
process that periodically polls LDAP. In each case there is an LDAP tree
used as a "staging area". The staging area is completely independent of
IPA's LDAP area. If something shows up in the staging area the contents
of the staging area are used to drive our IPA commands. The staging area
is then cleaned of all the entries which succeeded.

Under this scenario what are the looping and deadlock concerns?

I don't think any. Simo's concern was doing an ADD within an ADD via his proposed 389-ds method.