On 14.2.2013 10:07, Sumit Bose wrote:
On Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 04:42:52PM +0100, Martin Kosek wrote:
On 02/12/2013 04:26 PM, Simo Sorce wrote:
On Tue, 2013-02-12 at 16:14 +0100, Martin Kosek wrote:
Explained in the commit description - this may not be super-critical, I just
followed info in ldap_search_ext() man page:

        Note that res parameter  of  ldap_search_ext_s()  and  ldap_search_s()
should  be  freed  with
        ldap_msgfree() regardless of return value of these functions.

OK.

This snippet seem to change the logic.

Before the condition was !ipadb_need_retry() and no you change it to
ipadb_need_retry() so it looks reversed, was this on purpose ?

As noted in commit description, this check was wrong and it was causing the
function to _always_ retry at least once because ipadb_need_retry returns true
when we need to retry and not 0 -> thus no "!" is needed.

I do not like much 'sneaking' this kind of change in the same patch that
fixes memory leaks, so if you want to plit in 2 patches it would be
nice, but I am of course ok with the change.

I agree with that. Lets do it right as we have not pushed it yet. I moved this
change to a separate patch (attached).

I didn't found any issues while testing, so ACK.

When I run kinit in a endless loop I still see a constant increase in
the resident memory size, but it looks like it is not related to the
ipadb code. I will investigate further.

bye,
Sumit

KDC has built-in in-memory "lookaside cache", see http://mailman.mit.edu/pipermail/krbdev/2012-June/010985.html

You can recompile KDC without lookaside cache or run test for more than 120 seconds. Memory consumption should be roughly stable (if request rate is stable all the time).

--
Petr^2 Spacek