Rich Megginson wrote:
On 02/25/2013 06:09 AM, Martin Kosek wrote:
On 02/25/2013 01:44 PM, Petr Viktorin wrote:
On 02/22/2013 09:19 PM, Rob Crittenden wrote:
Design to allow one to recover DNA ranges when deleting a replica or
just for normal range management.

http://freeipa.org/page/V3/Recover_DNA_Ranges

Supporting ticket https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/ticket/3321

rob
I wonder if it would be possible to have more on-deck ranges. Could
dnaNextRange be multi-valued, and when the low-water mark is hit the
plugin
would pick one of them?

Not at the moment, this is a single valued attribute type:

attributetypes: ( 2.16.840.1.113730.3.1.2129 NAME 'dnaNextRange' DESC
'DNA ran
  ge of values to get from replica' SYNTAX
1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.115.121.1.15 SINGLE
  -VALUE X-ORIGIN '389 Directory Server' )

But it is a good question for 389-ds guys, it would be a good
extension to the
DNA plugin and would prevent us from not-loosing the range when there
is no
master with empty dnaNextRange. But maybe there is a strong reason why
this was
made single value...

If you make it multi-valued, then you probably want to have some sort of
ordering to the values . . .

I don't know. We don't have a whole lot of control of ordering when DNA gets a range, so I think that holes in the range happen now, so I wouldn't have a problem with lack of control.