On 02/28/2013 12:42 PM, Sumit Bose wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 08:44:35AM +0100, Martin Kosek wrote:

>>> I'm fine with this. Alexander, any comments.

>>> This sounds like a good compromise and will make updating much easier.
>>> If we agree to do it this way I can add ipakrbAuthsData: nfs:NONE and
>>> fix the code with this ticket. But we would need tickets for the CLI and
>>> WebUI to handle this new case.
>>>
>>> For the WebUI there already is
>>> https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/ticket/3404 , maybe it can be extended
>>> to handle this new case as well?
>>>
>>> As for design documents I think I can added the needed information to
>>> http://freeipa.org/page/V3/Read_and_use_per_service_pac_type .
>>>
>>> bye,
>>> Sumit
>>
>> Hi Sumit,
>>
>> This looks like a good idea and would prevent the magic default PAC type,
>> yes.
>> Though I would not add this service-specific setting to global IPA config
>> object.
>>
>> I would rather like to see that in the service tree, for example as a
>> configuration option of the service root which could be controlled with
>> serviceconfig-* commands (we already have dnsconfig, trustconfig), e.g:
>>
>> # ipa serviceconfig-add-pacmap --service=nfs --pac-type=NONE
>> # ipa serviceconfig-add-pacmap --service=cifs --pac-type=PAD
>> # ipa serviceconfig-show
>>   Default PAC Map: nfs:NONE, cifs:PAD
>
> Are you thinking of having this in addition to the for-all-services
> default values in cn=ipaConfig,cn=etc or shall those be dropped? I don't
> like the first case because then three different objects needs to be
> consulted to find out which is the right type. This wouldn't be an issue
> for the plugin, but I think it is hard for the user/admin to follow.

Hm, you are right.

> If the current defaults shall be dropped I think this is a major change
> because it will require changes in the current CLI and WebUI which will
> be visible to the users. I'm not against this change, I'm just wondering
> if it is worth the effort for the next release?
>
> Maybe an argument to keep this is in global default is that the settings
> are used for the host/*.* services as well which are in a different
> sub-tree of the cn=accounts container. Additionally in future we might
> want apply those setting to the user TGTs as well?

Yeah, that was actually my point. That we are mixing service-specific PAC
"rules" to the global setting. Which may be shared with host/*.* principals and
user principals. This automatic PAC rules may require some designing so that is
is generally usable.

As for your current patch set, I just finished my tests (Kerberos secured NFS
share, accessed from Linux/AD with Trust) and it worked fine... Though in my
case I did not have to disable PAC for the NFS service principal - its size
probably did not exceed the kernel ticket size limit.

I am now just concerned to this error message:

+            root_logger.info("search results for NFS services have been "
+                             "truncated by the server; please check manually "
+                              "if the PAC type is set correctly for all NFS "
+                              "services")

I am thinking we may want to increase the error message to ERROR so that it is
visible during rpm update. Otherwise the error message could get lost easily.