Jan Cholasta wrote:
On 6.3.2013 16:29, Petr Viktorin wrote:
Hello,
These patches move ipaldap to ipapython, and make the client installer
use it. Also password migration web-app is made to use ipaldap; they
both called a shared a utility function that is converted to use ipaldap.

This should fix https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/ticket/3446
(freeipa-client-install KeyError in 'namingcontexts') and similar errors.

Patch 191:

The patch is missing the ipapython/ipaldap.py file.

I think it should go into ipalib instead of ipapython. <rant> It doesn't
make sense to keep ipapython and ipalib separate if they depend on each
other. We should either merge them or clean up the mess by removing
ipalib imports from ipapython. I'm not saying we should do it now, just
please don't add new modules to ipapython which import from ipalib. </rant>

There have been platforms in the past that we do not ship the framework on (e.g. RHEL 5). ipapython is supposed to be platform agnostic, though it clearly isn't, to allow a bridge for those systems that can't or won't have the framework. So I think removing the imports from ipapython is the way to go.