Petr Viktorin wrote:
On 03/08/2013 12:38 AM, Nathaniel McCallum wrote:
I tried to push my branch of FreeIPA to github and it failed with the
following message. I don't know if anything can be done to fix it, but I
figured I'd mention it.

error: object 0b36ce6dcbfc8d7e6cda632e06a09c369428a2db:invalid
author/committer line - bad date
fatal: Error in object
error: pack-objects died of signal 13
error: failed to push some refs to
'g...@github.com:npmccallum/freeipa.git'

Nathaniel

Yes, we have some commits with invalid commit times.
If you fork https://github.com/encukou/freeipa you should be fine.
(I've asked Github staff to turn off the checks so I could push it
initially.)

Apparently when we migrated from mercurial to git a bunch of dates got horked. We've had requests to fix up the dates in our tree so github will work but apparently this would change all our commit ids so is not something we're interested in.