On 3/12/2013 11:28 AM, Petr Vobornik wrote:
Here's a patch for filtering groups by type.
Design page: http://www.freeipa.org/page/V3/Filtering_groups_by_type

The interface is:
StrEnum('type?',
    cli_name='type',
    label=_('Type'),
    doc=_('Group type'),
    values=(u'posix', u'normal', u'external'),
),

I have two design questions.
1. Is --type the right option name?

Fine by me, it matches the label and description.

2. Is `normal` the right name for non-posix, non-external group? The
default group type (when adding group) is posix. Should the name be
something else: `simple`, `plain`, `ordinary`?

We also use 'normal' in the group adder dialog, so it's consistent. Other options are 'basic', 'standard', 'regular'.

I didn't want to create an option for each type. IMO it brings more
complexity.

Maybe the group-add/mod command should use the same --type option?

ACK from me, but maybe others might have some comments.

--
Endi S. Dewata