On 03/16/2013 12:22 AM, Endi Sukma Dewata wrote:
> On 3/11/2013 8:27 AM, Petr Vobornik wrote:
>> rhino-1.7R4-2.fc19.noarch dropped -main flag which made the build fail
>> in rawhide (F19).
>>
>> We can't use the same command for rhino-1.7R3-6 (F18) and rhino-1.7R4-2
>> (F19).
>> This patch adds check if rhino supports '-require' option. If so it
>> calls rhino with it if not it calls rhino with -main option.
>>
>> https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/ticket/3501
>
> Would it be better to check /etc/fedora-release or the actual rhino version?

Checking /etc/fedora-release would introduce another unnecessary Fedora
platform build dependency, I would not do that. As for the rhino version, I
would also not like calling "rpm -q rhino" to get the package version as we
would then have to parse it properly and it also adds yet another platform
specific dependency. Thus, I think that current Petr approach should be OK for
now.

Martin