On 29.3.2013 11:14, Jan Cholasta wrote:
On 28.3.2013 18:14, Petr Viktorin wrote:
And another update.

Patch 204: Fix default ID range in ipa-server-install
New patch 206: The host plugin assumed cert-* commands are always
available, and failed when removing/upddating a host because it could
not revoke the certificate. This leaves out the revocation if there's no
CA.

The tests should pass now.

The Web UI currently assumes cert-* commands are always available. I'm
testing a patch from PetrĀ¹ that will fix this.

Also, clients currently call cert-request via certmonger. This fails. A
patch to not request the host certificate in ipa-client-install is
coming up.
As far as I know, the failing request doesn't hurt anything; old clients
should work fine, certmonger will just spam the syslog.
I'll add steps to remove the request on old clients to the design doc.

Patch 204:

All the validation check in ipa-server-install should also be done in
ipa-replica-prepare. It is possible to prepare a replica with invalid
certificates, which makes ipa-replica-install fail in the middle of the
install process.

Also I was able to install IPA with revoked certificates, but it doesn't
seem to break anything - the CRL specified in the certificates' CRL
distribution point is not automatically imported into any of the NSS
databases and when it is imported manually, everything still seems to
work fine. I haven't checked OCSP. Can and/or do we want to do something
about this?

Update: the ipa command does not work:

$ ipa host-show $HOSTNAME --all --raw
ipa: ERROR: cert validation failed for "CN=ipa.example.com,O=Example" ((SEC_ERROR_REVOKED_CERTIFICATE) Peer's Certificate has been revoked.) ipa: ERROR: cannot connect to 'https://ipa.example.com/ipa/xml': [Errno -8180] (SEC_ERROR_REVOKED_CERTIFICATE) Peer's Certificate has been revoked.

Patch 205:

Can we instead require the PKCS#12 files to always contain the whole
certificate chain? IMO that way it would be more obvious what should
actually be in the files and it would make things easier should there
ever be need for --root-ca-subject.

Patch 206:

In host_del and host_disable, this doesn't have to be done when
enable_ra is False:

         try:
             (dn, entry_attrs) = ldap.get_entry(dn, ['usercertificate'])
         except errors.NotFound:
             self.obj.handle_not_found(*keys)

In host_disable, I think this should be done even when enable_ra is False:

             # Remove the usercertificate altogether
             ldap.update_entry(dn, {'usercertificate': None})

Honza

--
Jan Cholasta