On 5.4.2013 14:38, Simo Sorce wrote:
On Fri, 2013-04-05 at 14:29 +0200, Pavel Březina wrote:

Pavel Brezina discovered that the design doesn't specify how client
should behave if expected _location.client.example.com. record
doesn't
exist.

I propose to let this aspect on implementer's discretion (or
configurable).

Personally, I would fall back to another pre-configured name, e.g.
in
case of SSSD to configured 'IPA domain' ...

Before I seen the design page, I wanted to implement it in SSSD this
way:

If '_location.host.domain' gives any result than take it as primary
servers and SRV from 'domain' as backup servers. Otherwise use
'domain'
result as primary servers.

But I'm not so sure now.

This is what I would expect too.
If no 'custom' record are available fallback to global records,
What is the difference between 'global records' and 'classic SRV records'?

Petr^2 Spacek

> then
fall back to classic SRV records, then fall back to local configuration.