On 04/10/2013 08:02 PM, Rob Crittenden wrote:
The original design of the LDAP updater was to use numbered update files
which would be applied in order in blocks of 10. We ended up just
applying everything together, sorted by length of the DN.

Why not just sort the files lexicographically, and _run_updates after each one?

I can kind of see the reasoning behind the blocks of ten, but it looks pretty arbitrary and unnecessarily complex. It will allow you to create/update parents and children anywhere in the block of 10 and they'll be sorted properly, but outside of the blocks you have to watch the ordering. This is pretty confusing; if it's really needed it should at least be in the README.

This works ok except in the case of roles/privileges/permissions wehre
it is possible that a role is added to a permission  before the role is
created. So the permission has no memberOf attribute and things don't
work as expected.

So this patch implements the by-10 rule and applies the files 10-19,
20-29, etc. I left the ability to run unstructured updates too by default.

We also need to revert this commit which breaks a test case now that
roles/permissions are created properly,
f7e27b547547be06f511a3ddfaff8db7d0b7898f

\o/

In the README, 10 - 19 should be Schema & configuration.
While you're at it you can update the FDS Server reference (FDS was Fedora Directory Server, right?)

--
PetrĀ³