Tomas Babej wrote:
Hi,

In ipa-replica-manage commands, we enforce that hostnames we work
with are resolvable. However, this caused errors while deleting
or disconnecting a ipa / winsync replica, if that replica was down
and authoritative server for itself.

Tomas

I'm not sure this is going to do the right thing either. A lot of these commands take the an argument as the remote master to run things on, so we'd really only be validating one of the names. Not sure how that helps us.

What if we honor the --force flag for DNS lookup failures instead? Or, since that could override it and do other things, a --no-lookup flag perhaps?