On 04/25/2013 06:59 PM, Dmitri Pal wrote:
On 04/25/2013 09:54 AM, Martin Kosek wrote:
On 04/25/2013 12:37 PM, Petr Viktorin wrote:
On 04/23/2013 10:10 AM, Martin Kosek wrote:
This new freeform host attribute will allow provisioning systems
to add custom tags for host objects which can be later used for
in automember rules or for additional local interpretation.

Design page:
http://www.freeipa.org/page/V3/Integration_with_a_provisioning_systems
Ticket: https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/ticket/3583

[...]

Can we use this patch to create a HOWTO on how to add and LDAP attribute
to IPA?

Yes, I can annotate the patch and put it on the wiki. I'll do it once it's pushed so I can link to it.

I know we're trying to organize the wiki page names. What's the correct location for a developer-focused HOWTO?

Also we have, I suspect a lot of metadata about attributes encoded in
the framework, right?
Why can't we use some kind of the data file(s) for it? This way one can
add attributes dynamically and the framework would pick them up.
It is clear that it would have to be done on all replicas

So we should store it in LDAP and have it replicated.

but still it
would not require people to change the code - only configuration. Have
we ever thought about this?

If you're talking about parameters in the the framework commands, I think --setattr is fine.
Or is this also about the schema? Web UI?

--
PetrĀ³