On 04/23/2013 12:17 PM, Ana Krivokapic wrote:
On 04/23/2013 12:06 AM, Rob Crittenden wrote:
Ana Krivokapic wrote:
Do not display ports to open when password is incorrect during
ipa-client-install

What happens if port 88 is not open so it can't connect to the KDC?
I'm not sure how the best way to determine one vs the other, I don't
think there are distinct return values.

We could use the fact that Kerberos isn't translated to look for
specific strings maybe, but that is hackish and could break.

rob

The return value from kinit is always 1 in case of failure. So the only
way to determine the reason for failure would be to look into the
message string. I agree this is hackish as Rob pointed out. Personally,
I am for leaving everything as it is now. In the case of incorrect
password, the user _does_ get the message that the password was
incorrect (kinit: Password incorrect while getting initial credentials).
So I don't think that displaying the message about ports, in addition to
this message, is confusing/misleading.

I think displaying the error messages after the port information would make it clearer that this is the reason for failed installation.

--
PetrĀ³