On 05/07/2013 07:50 PM, Ana Krivokapic wrote:
Prompt for nameserver IP address in dnszone-add

See Petr Špaček's mail for normal zones.
Also when adding a reverse zone we should not ask:

$ ipa dnszone-add --name-from-ip=80.142.15.0/24 --name-server=`hostname`.
Zone name [15.142.80.in-addr.arpa.]:
Administrator e-mail address [hostmaster.15.142.80.in-addr.arpa.]:
[Nameserver IP address]: 1.2.3.4
ipa: ERROR: invalid 'ip_address': Nameserver DNS record is created for for forward zones only

The Web UI also asks for the NS IP address for reverse zones and fails when it's given.

(Also, looking at the output above, asking for the zone name isn't useful for reverse zones, but I guess that's a different usability issue.)

I think the easiest way to selectively ask in CLI is a custom interactive_prompt_callback (or we could have a separate dnszone-add-reverse command). As for the UI I don't know.
The question is, do we want to go that far for this bug?

--
Petr³