> On Fri, 2013-05-10 at 16:55 -0400, Nathaniel McCallum wrote:

>>> Ok, but this does not answer my question.
>>> We definitely need to *always* run our other preop plugin as we do
>>> sanity checks like verifying if the user is enabled/disabled etc...
>>> Also we need to understand how to deal with migrating password auth when
>>> OTP is enabeld.
>>>
>>> TBH I think we should not have a separate OTP-auth plugin but we should
>>> probably have a single plugin that handles authentication and the 2
>>> should be merged. Keeping them separate is going to cause more harm than
>>> good with unexpected interactions.
>>>
>>> We could still have 2 plugins and simply move the prebind action
>>> currently don in ipa-pwd-extop to the otp plugin by making some more
>>> code common. But it is probably easier to just merge OTP into
>>> ipa-pwd-extop right now than try to do a huge refactoring. We can always
>>> refactor the ipa-pwd-extop plugin later.
>>
>> The attached patches encompass an initial review of the companion daemon
>> and merge of ipa-otp into ipa-pwd-extop. Unfortunately, merging ipa-otp
>> into ipa-pwd-extop appears to have broken something during install, but
>> I don't have enough familiarity with 389 to understand what I've broken.
>> If I upgrade after an install, it appears to work.
>>
>> An RPM with the patches is available here:
>> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=5362935
>>
>> Nathan / Rob / Simo, could you take a look and see what might be broken
>> in ipa-pwd-extop?
>
> While I'm not quite sure what the problem was, I do know it appeared on
> the stock 3.2 F19 RPMs. I also fixed it by accident. I am certain it is
> unrelated to these patches.
>
> I have now tested install and upgrade with the six patches in the
> previous email and everything is in order, including permissions. At
> this point, we just need reviews/ACKs.
>
> Nathaniel

I tested IPA server upgrades, new installs and also adding 3.2+OTP replica for
F18 3.1.4 IPA master. Everything seemed to work fine (when I added my patch 407
fixing the replication), I did not see any breakage.

Issues I found with too much logging I reported should now be fixed on github,
so this should be OK.

So it is an ACK from my side if Rob does not discover some blocking issue.