On 17.6.2013 14:39, Jan Cholasta wrote:
On 14.6.2013 16:01, Petr Viktorin wrote:
On 06/14/2013 03:20 PM, Jan Cholasta wrote:
Hi,

On 28.5.2013 17:55, Petr Viktorin wrote:
Hello,

Patch 0227 creates the freeipa-tests package.
As a system package, it needs a more unique name than "tests", so I
renamed it to "ipatests". I also changed imports and references to it.
Sorry to everyone developing tests right now ­– there will be
conflicts,
but hopefully they'll be straightforward.
Note that the test suite does not yet pass when run outside the Git
tree. Work on that is ongoing but not a priority right now (it's more
important to get some integration tests running). Help would be
appreciated :)

Typo in commit message: "Tename the 'tests' directory ..."

Thanks for the catch!

The patch needs rebasing.

Attaching rebased versions.

Patch 0228 adds a wrapper based on make-test which runs the
system-installed test suite. freeipa-tests installs it as
/usr/bin/ipa-run-tests.
As I said above the tests currently fail when run this way.

Patch 0229 adds a Nose plugin for integration with BeakerLib[1]. When
the plugin is loaded (ipa-run-tests does that) and enabled (using the
--with-beakerlib option), it hooks into Nose and runs rlPhase*, rlPass,
rlFail and rlLog* Bash functions at appropriate events.

I still need to actually run the code, I will do that with your patches
230-240 included.

If I may suggest, please test this set by itself. The tests→ipatests
rename blocks or conflicts with other patches so it would be good to get
it in soon, without waiting on the integration testing review.

When I run "make test" I get the following error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/nose/loader.py", line 413, in
loadTestsFromName
     addr.filename, addr.module)
   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/nose/importer.py", line 47, in
importFromPath
     return self.importFromDir(dir_path, fqname)
   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/nose/importer.py", line 94, in
importFromDir
     mod = load_module(part_fqname, fh, filename, desc)
   File
"/home/jcholast/freeipa/ipatests/test_xmlrpc/test_host_plugin.py", line
59, in <module>
     fd = open('tests/test_xmlrpc/service.crt', 'r')
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
'tests/test_xmlrpc/service.crt'

I believe the certificate path should begin with "ipatests" instead of
"tests".

When I run "ipa-run-tests", I get an additional similar error in
test_service_plugin.py:

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/nose/loader.py", line 413, in
loadTestsFromName
     addr.filename, addr.module)
   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/nose/importer.py", line 47, in
importFromPath
     return self.importFromDir(dir_path, fqname)
   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/nose/importer.py", line 94, in
importFromDir
     mod = load_module(part_fqname, fh, filename, desc)
   File
"/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ipatests/test_xmlrpc/test_service_plugin.py",
line 42, in <module>
     fd = open('ipatests/test_xmlrpc/service.crt', 'r')
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
'ipatests/test_xmlrpc/service.crt'

Also with "ipa-run-tests", many of the cmdline tests are failing with:

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/nose/case.py", line 381, in setUp
     try_run(self.inst, ('setup', 'setUp'))
   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/nose/util.py", line 469, in
try_run
     return func()
   File
"/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ipatests/test_cmdline/cmdline.py",
line 58, in setUp
     'Command %r not available' % self.command
AssertionError: Command 'ipa-client/ipa-getkeytab' not available

Honza

ipa-run-tests --with-beakerlib is horribly slow for me, is that expected?

Honza