On Wed, 19 Jun 2013, Dmitri Pal wrote:
(please trim conversations)

On Wed, 19 Jun 2013, Tomas Babej wrote:
So if I want an advise about Solaris 11 client configuration would it
look like this?

ipa-advise config --client --distro=solaris  --version=11

or

ipa-advise client-config-solrais-11

The latter.

Tomas
My point is that if the topics would be long and there will be many of
them we should have a naming convention for them.

Sure, but I am not so certain whether we can come up with anything
reasonable, that can capture all the use
cases and be simple enough at the same time.
Making plugins to provide their activities named as

will make it easy to group and use:

   ipa-advise config-solaris11-padl
      ....    config-freebsd7-padl
      ....    config-aix63-native
      ....    list
      ....    help
      ....    setup-ipa-trust2ad
      ....    setup-ipa-dnsdelegation

and so on.

   ipa-advise list

Yes this is exactly what I was talking about.
Should be a part of design page in the naming convention section IMO.
I've added it there:
http://www.freeipa.org/page/V3/Serving_legacy_clients_for_trusts#Major_configuration_options_and_enablement

--
/ Alexander Bokovoy