On 06/21/2013 10:56 AM, Petr Vobornik wrote:
> Sending an initial implementation of Web UI integration tests. The effort is
> documented at http://www.freeipa.org/page/Web_UI_Integration_Tests .
>
> The coverage is not complete but rather basic. Sending it now as this is
> ongoing task.
>
> Currently it tries to open all facets and dialogs and perform
> add,mod,find,delete,add/remove associations for every entity except trusts (to
> be implemented).
>
> First two attached patches are changing Web UI to be little more test-friendly
> - they add some names to element and such. Tests are in the last patch.

I tried setting up and running the new tests, and overall it works really well.
The documentation page is very clear and to the point, and the setup script is
especially handy. Thanks!

Below are some comments (mostly related to the python code in ui_driver.py).

- I got whitespace warnings when applying patch 424
- ui_driver.py:110 - Should be 'except IOError, e', as you use 'e' within the
except clause.
- ui_driver.py:110 - There's too much code in the try block. We should have as
little code as possible in the try block (ideally only the code that could
actually raise the exception).
- ui_driver.py:200 - It says 'single' in the docstring, but the argument name is
'all'.
- ui_driver.py:205 - Instead of raising ValueError, I would prefer something
like: assert expression, 'expression is missing'
- ui_driver.py:643 - There's a print statement, I assume a leftover from some
debugging. :)

--
Regards,

Ana Krivokapic