On Mon, 15 Jul 2013, Martin Kosek wrote:
On 07/11/2013 08:59 AM, Tomas Babej wrote:
On Wednesday 26 of June 2013 10:12:48 Petr Spacek wrote:

[snip]

Appropriate error handling = Return 'Permission denied' if particular

operation requires higher privileges.

IMHO 'cryptic' error message is bad in any case, so the right way how to fix

'cryptic' error messages is to fix the places where errors are thrown.

I don't think that additional checks in 'advisor' to hide 'cryptic' errors are

the right approach.

--

Petr^2 Spacek

To wrap-up, after an offline discussion Petr:

We came to an conclusion that since 'require_root' attribute is optional (Petr
was not aware of that, and that fact was what caused his concern), with default
value False, the attribute should not pose any additional burden for

the plugin developer.

Tomas

Agreed, I think that current approach is fine.

Alexander, are you OK with the ipa-advise tool as is? We can add more bells and
whistles or options/API for plugins when we have actually more ipa-advise
plugins and see the real needs of such plugins.
Yes, I'm OK.

--
/ Alexander Bokovoy